Your “brand” is the sum of everything that people think, feel, believe and ‘know’ about you, your product and your company
The visibility and respect that come from successful branding can increase the value of your business by Million$, but, too often brand building is the cause of frustration and ill-spent resources. Here are 4 things that every start-up entrepreneur or struggling artist, every corporate marketing manager, and every business owner should know about building your brand and the value it represents.
1. Your Reputation is Your Brand
Think about a familiar brand, and you’ll surely have some clear and distinct images – what the ownership experience would be like for you, what to expect of the product, and how you’ll be treated by the company that stands behind it.
To build your own valuable image – and the good reputation your brand represents – you must:
- Clearly and consistently communicate your promise to deliver products, performance and service that bring value and satisfaction to your customers
- Build and nurture your reputation for delivering all that you promise
2. Symbols of Your Brand
Logos and trademarks are the symbols of your brand, shorthand ways of assuring that you remain visible in a noisy and crowded marketplace. Create simple, easily recognized branding symbols, then use those symbols widely and consistently
3. Communicate, Communicate, Communicate
- Identify and understand your target audience, the people you most need to attract
- Tailor the content and the look-and-feel of your message to the needs, expectations and sensibilities of this target audience.
- Select the mix of communications vehicles most likely to capture the ‘eyeballs’ of the people you need to influence most
4. Build a Branding Strategy That’s Right for YOU
Successful branding isn’t a cook-book process. It’s a long term investment in creativity and hard work, consistent attention, and patience – but the pay-off can add Million$ to the value of your company.
——————— // ———————
Want to learn more? Check out
Your Brand Is Your Business: Creating Value in Your Brands and Branding Strategy at:
——————— // ———————
BOB BROTHERS provides business insight, intelligence, and creative marketing strategies to entrepreneurs, business owners and corporate marketing leaders, at www.market-intel.com.