Marketing and Business Development
Research, Insights, Strategies, Programs ... Results
Robert C Brothers, Principal Consultant
Bob Brothers is a creative, forward thinking marketing professional, with extensive hands-on experience in new business development, marketing strategy, and marketing research and development.
BOB BROTHERS provides business intelligence, insight and expert advice to corporate marketing and business development leaders, small business owners, and entrepreneurs. Business decision makers profit from creative leadership, imagination and accomplishment in three areas:
Planning and executing complex marketing research programs, formulating valuable insights, and collaborating with business leaders to implement recommendations.
- A range of primary marketing research techniques - from in-depth executive interviewing, to group interviewing and interaction methods, to on-line, telephone and in-person survey and statistical analyses.
- The spectrum of international industrial and consumer markets, for example:
Determining attitudes and intentions of industrial formulators toward ‘green’ ingredients, including critical analysis of the evolving regulatory environment in the EU and elsewhere.
Assessing market opportunities and value-based pricing potential of BPA-free plastics in housewares, home appliances, and infant care products
Developing strategies to influence design and product selection decisions by architects and interior designers, and assessing the impact of certain design features on home buyer’s perceptions of value
Assessing the viability, most promising applications, and “value-in-use” pricing for a new specialty polymer
Recent research topics include: Housewares and infant care products; medical devices and eyewear; building materials and green building designs; solar and alternative energy; home appliances; paint, coating and polymer intermediates; packaging materials and systems; bio-materials and recycling.
Creating successful new business and market development strategies
- Developed marketing and distribution plan, negotiated licenses, and successfully introduced specialty glazing products to new segments of the residential and commercial architectural marketplace.
- Developed business plans and negotiated software licenses to successfully integrate a recently acquired subsidiary in the Health, Safety and Environmental regulatory compliance services area.
- Created and led execution of global sales development for a new industrial chemical.
- Led consolidation and rationalization of nearly a dozen independent polyester film, fiber and resin recovery and recycling operations into a single company-wide program.
Building global marketing capabilities and marketing research competence by:
- Creating and implementing key elements of Stage Gate and Business Excellence programs at DuPont and Eastman Chemical, and by training and mentoring business teams in their use.
- Nurturing marketing excellence in business professionals and teams through effective leadership, training and mentoring.
Bob earned his BS degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin, and MS in Chemical & Petroleum Engineering from Kansas University.
Our Mission ...
To provide out clients with the highest quality of business analysis, recommendations and support ...
Driven by objective, fact based analysis, unbiased by preconception or personal preference ...
Guided by the highest principles of professional ethics, integrity and our clients' confidentiality.
Examples of clients who have benefitted from MISA services:
DuPont Company - Specialty chemicals, engineering polymers, plastics recycling
Ariel Research (3E Corp) - EHS compliance management, ERP systems
Eastman Chemical - Specialty polymers and chemicals, Business Process Outsourcing, chemicals-from-coal
Duraglas Inc - Architect and designer markets for decorative building materials